Are you searching for the best cheap WordPress hosting services to starting your new website or Blog?
Worry not I will be sharing cheap web hosting providers to host your website. WordPress is one of the majorly used platforms throughout the world and covering 33% of the overall CMS market. WordPress is developed by WordPress foundations, written in PHP & MySQL.
Competition led prices to get down and improves quality standards, Due to this, you can get cheap hosting for WordPress nowadays. Earlier it was not like that you had to pay a huge amount of money for hosting your WordPress site.
However nowadays when you can buy cheap hosting for WordPress in the price of a pizza.
I have been blogging and running some serious blogs on the internet and have tried almost every web hosting provider available on the internet. With my 5 years of experience in blogging, you can say I am a good fit to recommend to you some best hosting providers to start your blog.
Cheap WordPress Hosting
Let’s discuss some major things to consider before purchasing a WordPress Hosting:
- Reliable Host: How reliable and trusty worthy is your hosting provider as you don’t want to store your files with low-end secure web hosting companies. You don’t want to lose your data.
- Latest PHP: Consider checking the latest PHP it should be at least 7.2, 7.3 to function your site properly and flawlessly.
- MySQL Version: 5.6 or greater.
- Server Location: If your Target country is the United States, Canada then your server location should be the USA or near to Canada that will benefit your website to load faster. Server Location and loading speed directly affect your Search Engine optimization.
- SSL Certificate: Google consider SSL certificate as one of the major SEO ranking factors, you should check if your WordPress hosting provider is providing Free SSL or not? if not then also you can get Free from Cloudflare.
- Customer Support: This is a very crucial factor when you are choosing cheap hosting companies. I have some good and bad experiences with different companies. When your site gets down in that panic situation customer support is the contact point you left with. Choose decent companies.
Now let’s discuss in details:
Bluehost is a part Endurance International Group (EIG) that owns Hostgator, BigRock, ResellerClub, Domain.com, and many more brands which are domain registrars and hosting brands. Bluehost is also one of them.
However, Bluehost can be your perfect choice as they are also offering massive benefits for new members.
- Free Domain Name
- Free SSL
- Fast Speed
- Good Customer Support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Yearly Payments
- 98% Uptime
Bluehost again can be a good choice to buy hosting from, the only part that will pinch you the price which is a little bit higher than A2hosting. Only you can go with a yearly plan with Bluehost hosting you will not get any monthly plans available. And I also won’t recommend anyone to go with monthly plans.
Bluehost offers 3 WordPress hosting plans:
- Shared $2.95/month (for new websites)
- VPS $19.99/month (for heavy traffic)
- Dedicated $79.99/month (big sites)
2. Hostgator Hosting:
Hostgator is one of the best and affordable hosting which you should consider buying and this is independent large hosting which is not owned by the Endurance group. They are a single player in the market and direct competitors to A2hosting and Siteground hosting.
Hostgator is also providing huge benefits at cheap rates which a newbie can afford.
- SSD drives on all plans
- Free SSL
- Free domain
- Good Uptime record
- Free automatic daily backups
- Average customer support
Hostgator Inc. was founded by Brent Oxley in his college dorm back in 2002. The web company grew from a one-man operation to one with hundreds of employees over the years; and was ranked 21st (year 2008) and 239th (year 2009) in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company.
In 2012, Brent sold the company was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG) for, unofficial figure, $225 million.
EIG, which also owns a number of other well-known web hosting brands, including BlueHost, iPage, FatCow, HostMonster, Pow Web, Easy CGI, Arvixe, eHost, A Small Orange, and so on; is now the largest website hosting company.
About Hostgator, the company
- Founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley.
- Services: Shared, VPS, dedicated, WordPress, and cloud hosting
- Offices in four locations: Houston and Austin, Texas; Florianopolic and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Data centers: Houston, TX and Provo, UT, America (U.S.).
My 12 years experience with Hostgator
This Hostgator review was first published in 2008. That was more than a decade ago.
Hostgator, the company, has went through a number of big changes – Brent sold his company to Endurance International Group (EIG) in 2012. The new owner released a new Hostgator.com site design, reinvented themselves as a cloud hosting provider, and adding a new drag-and-drop site builder, the Gator Website Builder, in 2019.
As a long time Hostgator customer, I have witnessed the up and down of the company.
WHSR (this site you are reading) was once hosted at Hostgator before I moved to cloud-based hosting WP Engine in 2011, and to InMotion Hosting two years later.
In March 2017, I bought myself a new Hostgator Cloud Hosting Plan and started monitoring its server performance. I am currently hosting some side projects, including DsgnxDvlp that I use to run hosting tests, at this Cloud Hosting account.
In this review, you will get the inside scoop of Hostgator hosting, as well as years of server performance statistics. Let’s dive in!
Hostgator Hosting Review: The Pros
1. Solid server performance (Uptime > 99.99%)
Server uptime is the one thing that I stress a lot in my hosting reviews. Can you imagine what will happen to your business if your site goes down frequently? Fancy additional features are meaningless unless your site stays online.
As I own both Hostgator Shared hosting and Cloud hosting in the past – I am giving you the uptime record for both plans.
HostGator Uptime (2020)
Past Record (2013 – 2019)
Hosting uptime records prior to 2017 are based on my old Hostgator account.
June 2019: 99.94%
August 2019: 100%
March 2019: 99.99%
This is one of the premium level hosting provider at an affordable price if you are a beginner then you should go with Startup or GrowBig plan that will be more than enough for you guys.